Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a lever action 22 just to shoot some tin can with a couple of friends. I always wanted a lever action but never broke down and bought one. I started to look to get some idea of brand, price and quality. I was telling another friend about it last night at dinner and he told me he had a Browning lever action he would sell me. He bought it new about 25 to 30 years ago and said it is in great shape except a scratch in the stock. I don't know what to offer him for the gun. I looked on line and found a few but the prices were all over the place and high for (in my opinion) for a 22.
Can anyone tell me what a fair price would be?
I also searched YB but could not find any posts on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jinx44. I was close with a number I had in my mind but was not sure. I have not bought or sold any guns for a long time and just not kept up with prices.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one, and nothing in .22 lever action even comes close to quality or accuracy. If it is like mine and damn near mint, it's going to be more around $400-$500. They are pretty sought after, and like I said, the Henry's, Rossi's, and other crap out there don't compare. They may be ok, but when you look at them side by side you'll see what i'm talking about. Good luck man.

J

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Browning lever is nice, but very small.
I bought one for my son, years ago, for $200, and thought I had got ripped.
Look at a Mariln 39A before you buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts