Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Inducer on the compressor wheel? If so, it has been done many times. The repair cost will vary depending on which turbo/compressor wheel you are using. You'll probably also want to replace the bearings as the turbo was most likely knocked out of balance when that broke. Most common cause would be sucking a small rock or something in the turbo.

Hope that helps,
Brian

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I found the culprit. A part of the factory wiring harness made its way to the inlet. It took 5 years, so I cant be too pissed.

Its a Gt47-88. I dont know exactly which wheel Precision uses.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Box it up and ship it to PTE with a note would be the quickest way to get it repaired. Second option is you can give them a call and tell them you'll need a comp. wheel and bearings/seals replaced on that turbo and see what it costs.

- Brian

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Box it up and ship it to PTE with a note would be the quickest way to get it repaired. Second option is you can give them a call and tell them you'll need a comp. wheel and bearings/seals replaced on that turbo and see what it costs.

- Brian
Thanks, its on its way. I talked to them on Friday, and they said that they wouldnt know till its apart. I kinda wanted an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts