Discussion Starter #1
just curious which will hold up to more power
the brodix alum or new century
block is going to be solid for blown alky deal
any opinions app..

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I know Bill Lutz has beat the piss out of a New Century block for years.Lots of boost in a heavy car and I think he went high 6.60's and 220 plus.If I was looking at a new 4.84 bore spacing block it would be NC.

From what I've heard the Brodix is a good piece also.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Also look at CN Blocks. http://cnblocks.com/
Lots of top racers use them and never had any issues with them.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i would go donovan or cn block..i have a dart alum block at the moment,i want a cn clock

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
billet piece for sure, cn, dart billet, or nc will be good blocks

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
serious blown alcohol demands cross bolted mains. The new century is based on a KB/Olds alky engine. It's heavier but water blocks have made over 3000 hp with screw blowers.

·
Registered
708 Posts
These brodix blocks that are breaking how old are they wondering if they are older models.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i have had 3 brodix blocks all over 3000 horsepower. One of which has been running 6 seconds for over 300 passes and another that has been low 4s in the 1/8 and mid sixes in 1/4 for well over 100 passes with no issues. It doesnt matter what block you have, if you are not on your tuneups you will tear it up. i have a dozen of these blocks in customers cars with hundreds of runs and no problems Knock on wood

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
We have a Donovan in the ODR car(The motor was in my car also)........Really nice peice, but I agree 100% with Joe-if your not "on" your tuneup-you can break anything!

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
i have had 3 brodix blocks all over 3000 horsepower. One of which has been running 6 seconds for over 300 passes and another that has been low 4s in the 1/8 and mid sixes in 1/4 for well over 100 passes with no issues. It doesnt matter what block you have, if you are not on your tuneups you will tear it up. i have a dozen of these blocks in customers cars with hundreds of runs and no problems Knock on wood
Any of these water jacket blocks with no fill?

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
Any of these water jacket blocks with no fill?
i have one he built(648, tt on gas), not filled, pretty sure non he built are filled...but i could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts