Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i measure the minimum cross section area on my heads it seems to be about 3/4 of an inch down into the port. a width of 1.266 in the middle of the height about 1.280 at top before 1/4 radiused corners.
the height is 2.040ish at the 3/4 deep point.
just went where the width was smallest. csa at 2.582"
so this being the smallest csa on the intake which are supposed to be 250cc heads.
the wallace calc says that a 4.155 bore and 3.75 stroke the minimum ca(csa) is 2.61 at 7000rpms. does this mean the engine will quit making power at 7000 rpms??
is 800hp doable with this csa and 7000rpms, on alcohol and 15-1 comp?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Well those heads can be opened up queite abit. But don't know why you couldn't open them up to get your 2.61sq.in. And for the alcohol, that might not be a bad idea. If you have your rockers, you want to check to see how much you can open them up first, you might have to releave them for push-rod clearence. I also think there is alot more to it, don't think you will make a honest 800hp if you have that small of a csa. IMO But you also left out alot of your combo aswell. We have them -12's harder than that and not hit 800, so just depends not the whole combo.

T-flow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts