Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FUCK TONS OF FUN
17,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cooked this fucker yesterday took a solid 14 hours to get it done was about 11lb after i trimmed it down a bit

these are a 70 day grain feed beef

and props to kenjo for the heads up on the rub thanks for that bud come out really good

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Does anyone else not have the balls to cook a brisket? I mean Ribs are 2 racks for 18 bucks and 19 out of 20 times I cook them out of the part.
Boston butt same deal, on the cheaper side, do a really good job when I smoke them and everyone is satisfied.

for some reason I don't have the balls to grab a 50-80 dollar piece of meat, have 12-18 hours worth of error time to fuck it up.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Does anyone else not have the balls to cook a brisket? I mean Ribs are 2 racks for 18 bucks and 19 out of 20 times I cook them out of the part.
Boston butt same deal, on the cheaper side, do a really good job when I smoke them and everyone is satisfied.

for some reason I don't have the balls to grab a 50-80 dollar piece of meat, have 12-18 hours worth of error time to fuck it up.
Can't do a good one till you practice and have a few turn out not so great.
The worst one I ever smoked was still pretty tasty. Just not as tender as I would have liked.

Truth be told, I smoke more pork than anything and yes cost does have something to do with it. Now that it is starting to cool off outside I plan to fire up the smoker a little more often

·
Registered
15,629 Posts

The only problem I have with Brisket is what in the world are my wife and I going to do with 10 lbs of meat? Particularly when we are not big meat eaters to begin with. The last 6 lb pork shoulder I smoked we ended up giving away most of it and freezing some. The main reason I'm no good at making Brisket is I can buy a great Brisket meal for under $10 so I just go out and buy it. Good stuff, just doesn't work for our lifestyle plus I just lost 10 lbs. When in CA my son complained that my jeans were too loose (when was the last time you heard that?) so I tried a pair of his on and they fit perfect. Except for being an inch shorter, I'm the exact same size and wear the same size cloths as I did when I was in college. Going to do my best to keep it that way.

Denny

·
Registered
11,162 Posts

Brisket is kind of like " pussy"............the worst I ever had was still pretty damn good.

I have definitely over cooked a few getting my method correct for some of the different smokers, but now that it's dialed in .......no, I'll light a bucket of coals at the drop of a hat for brisket.

In the southeast, I can find a nice sized point ( angus) for around 40/50 bucks at just about any SAMs club........other than just the fat itself I trim off, all the scraps get used somehow.

·
FUCK TONS OF FUN
17,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

man ive fucked more then i care to remember

its all in the practice and knowing your pit

the drum i currently use has been cooked on most weekend for the past year ive got that dialed in light and forget with some small adjustments along the way

the new pit will be a hole new ball game 30x60 trailer

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
"Brisket is kind of like " pussy"............the worst I ever had was still pretty damn good."

I love it!!

Only on the Bullet!!

He, He!!

pdq67

·
Administrator
136,743 Posts
The only problem I have with Brisket is what in the world are my wife and I going to do with 10 lbs of meat? Particularly when we are not big meat eaters to begin with. The last 6 lb pork shoulder I smoked we ended up giving away most of it and freezing some. The main reason I'm no good at making Brisket is I can buy a great Brisket meal for under $10 so I just go out and buy it. Good stuff, just doesn't work for our lifestyle plus I just lost 10 lbs. When in CA my son complained that my jeans were too loose (when was the last time you heard that?) so I tried a pair of his on and they fit perfect. Except for being an inch shorter, I'm the exact same size and wear the same size cloths as I did when I was in college. Going to do my best to keep it that way.

Denny
Vacuum seal what you dont eat, freeze it

Defrost it and steam it for an hour or two...

Thank me later.. :p:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts