Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw this POS together for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
That badass

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a stone stock 1977 AMC 360 lol, all bark no bite. Factory rated 170 hp. We'll see what boost does to it. The only mod is the intake/carb and turbo. The valve covers have never been off.

This is the motor before I slapped some rustoleum on it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why? Because I hurt the good motor and still want to go out and have fun with my car. It's costing me a grand total of less than $20 total for oil and a filter. The real question is "why not?"

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The stock oiling system will be fine, the AMC gets a bad rap for no reason. The bearings in my good motor looked fine at 12 psi (probably mid 800s hp) aside from the trans taking out the thrust. Prior to the turbo it had two seasons of going low 11s on the bottle @ 4400 lbs too.

Also, on the stock 360 front, I sprayed another stock 360 to 12.80s in this 4400 lb brick without taking out bearings.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well after sitting overnight the lifter tick went away! I'm assuming at least one lifter was rusted up and broke loose finally. What's the bullet think?

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Coolness eh!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Give it a 500 shot. Literally nothing to lose. Well, maybe the 20 spot.
I like your style. If it takes nitrous to spool this turbo then that's what it'll get. It's a 96mm 1.32 hotside on a 170 hp motor, might need a lot of nitrous.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts