1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
is that randy eakins old car?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
This is Randy Eakins old car. Brian pretty much restored it and put a 481x in it. We did a bunch of the carbon work on it 4 him too. He brushed the wall in martin @ Adrl race when trans broke, filled cock pit with smoke and he couldn't C. He hasn't had time 2 paint the 1/4 panel yet.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Glad to see that car and brian back in action!

Does anyone know what it weighs?
2400 something, has steel roof and 1/4s and a front end that has been threw hell and back! TWICE.......

·
Registered
928 Posts
glad to see that car making passes again loved seeing randy shift the gears with the twins

·
Registered
168 Posts
The car is Randy Eakins old car. We bought it and redid everything..SKRC built it and did a great job. It was finished in 05-06 and at that time it was ahead of its time for trick stuff and weight. It could use some Titanium to get it up to current status but that is all. It has a full carbon body,carbon interior and brakes. the car could be lighter but its what I have for now. I do want to give a huge thanks to Dan and Derrick from Schoneck Composites for all their great carbon work. The new car blues have plagued us this year but the Norwalk event was the turning point. I know the #'s didnt reflect it yet but we figured alot of little issues out. We are testing this weekend to hopefully put it all together..We have one more little issue and a couple more changes and I think we will be there..If that ever happens..lol.. Once the car runs good we will put up a video, and thanks to all the people involved that have allowed this program to evolve. Carp

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car is Randy Eakins old car. We bought it and redid everything..SKRC built it and did a great job. It was finished in 05-06 and at that time it was ahead of its time for trick stuff and weight. It could use some Titanium to get it up to current status but that is all. It has a full carbon body,carbon interior and brakes. the car could be lighter but its what I have for now. I do want to give a huge thanks to Dan and Derrick from Schoneck Composites for all their great carbon work. The new car blues have plagued us this year but the Norwalk event was the turning point. I know the #'s didnt reflect it yet but we figured alot of little issues out. We are testing this weekend to hopefully put it all together..We have one more little issue and a couple more changes and I think we will be there..If that ever happens..lol.. Once the car runs good we will put up a video, and thanks to all the people involved that have allowed this program to evolve. Carp
Awesome news
Shakedown next weekend?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
good to hear....i remember at tulsa when the clash was there Eakins and Carpenter had their red turbo mustangs in the house! ah,what memories

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Glad to see it all coming together for you Brian!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Great to see you back Brian,I remember your old car at the World Ford Chall races. There was not a better looking car at the track. Good luck with the new car...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Car looks great, Brian and I can't wait to see it at its full potential. It's a monster already and it's only gonna get better. Also, thanks for letting TJ and I have the privilege of working on it and doing some of the fab work on the car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts