Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a break up problem around 6700 6800 in high gear!. i shift at 7.. i just did new wires plugs cap button. the norm. and still have this problem. i even lowered the gap on the plugs by 5 and she still has a problem. please help!! thanks earon

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
everything worked fine on the dyno. took it up to 8500..

in the car i got...
crank trigger crab cap hei-style terminal distributor
7al2 with a pro power coil
one battery

·
Registered
14,989 Posts
The magnetic pickup wire connection on the 7AL, if is is reversed that is exactly what'll happen. The timing'l be retarded too (i think) from when you brought it off the dyno, so if you had to reset the timing that is a good clue as to what is going on. Easy fix. Good luck, oj

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
check all grounds and good... i have a alternator on the car. this week i put a second battery in it and it still did it..... i got a a1000 and a 850 carb.. so this week ill check the crank trigger clearance if not i got a new coil i can try also..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got a new hvc2 coil and ran the box so it has its own power and ground. unplugged my 2 step.. and it still breaks up

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
How is your 7AL-2 wired? I had to run #10 gauge wire back to the battery just like MSD requires.

I had a 6800-6900 RPM miss right in the lights and I think thats what was causing it.

I had the hot and the ground for it hooked up at the front of the car and I know better then that!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
What plugs (for the 3rd time), and what is their gap..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts