Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a 91 mustang gt (street/strip)i currently have no break system other then the front and rear calipers and rotors.i need to get it plumbed and changed to manual.is there anything i should do as far as up grades when doing this.i know i need a line lock,a manual master, but is there a diffrent size line i should upgrade to or what material lines?is the anyway to get the pedal to feel smooth or is it just gonna be hard and need two feet to stop any help is appericated.

·
Registered
972 Posts
leave the stock line size. There are companies ( i THINK maxim motorsports) that offer longer/different hole placement pedals to make a decent feeling pedal.

How fast is your car going to be and how heavy means everything to how much brakes you need.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey man u can buy a mastercylinder from aerospace for the front & it comes with everthing u need....you will have to drill a hole in your brake pedal were the new shaft goes & it will make your pedal fill right.....remove your stock porpotion valve & put an adjustible one on your front brakes only if you r running skinnys on the front...

·
Registered
972 Posts
http://maximummotorsports.com/

Manual Brake Conversion Kit, 1979-93
[click for larger image]
[click&nbspfor&nbsplarger&nbspimage]

$199.95
Part #: MMBAK-10
Manufacturer: Maximum Motorsports
Note:
Actual product may differ from photo. Add:

Manual Brake Conversion Kit: Includes a new pedal arm, pedal pad, adjustable-length pushrod, firewall adapter block, brake light switch, adjustable pedal upper stop-bolt, and all necessary hardware. A brake master cylinder is not included. Note: Rerouting and lengthening of the brake hard lines at the master cylinder is required. See here for brake line adapter fitting kits.

For cars that already have had a manual brake conversion kit installed, but need a brake pedal with the proper leverage ratio for a manual brake system, MM offers a kit that does not include the firewall adaptor block.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a gt but its gutted i have removed everything that i dont need .i have strange front disc set up and dual caliper rear disc set up im going turbo so i was told i wont have enuff vac press to run power brakes.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Car looks great, does it always leave like that? Ours did the same thing, 2 turns on the driver control arm and she left straight as an arrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts