Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
FHRITP
49,921 Posts
You been running them 2 years, and it looks to be on the inside of the wheel. Wtf are you worried about? Little late to be bitching lol

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You been running them 2 years, and it looks to be on the inside of the wheel. Wtf are you worried about? Little late to be bitching lol
Not really worried since its been 2 years but some say no way a wheel should be welded. I'm bitching because I paid for new wheels not scabbed together wheels. Probably the worst part is the reason I bought new was because I bought used and found a weld on them and didn't think it was the best idea to run a welded wheel. Also a heads up to check over even brand new shit.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is there a weld on the inside of where that is? Looks like melt-thru to me.
I think we have a winner.

I cleaned up the wheels real good and the other one has 3 small spots like that. Looks like melt through from were the halves are welded together. I didn't break them down since screws are already in but pretty confident that is what happened. Looks like I may have jumped the gun but still never seen anything like this. Hopefully a call Monday morning will clear this up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry, but if an aluminum wheel cracks on me, it's new wheel time.. Screw welding them...
That's what I've always thought to. I don't think it was cracked I think it was just melt through from welding the 2 halves together. I didn't break the tire down to look but pretty sure that's what it is.

·
Registered
16,195 Posts

What in the hell is that??? Those things look like they have 4000 runs on them???

Brake dust. I run aerospace engineering dual rear calipers, and they create a shit ton of dust. The wheel drums are formed, and they must have found a split during the inspection process. I'm really surprised they could cert a repaired wheel. Gonna have a look and my Sanders wheels today.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So after 2 years you are outraged? What did Sanders say?

Why the fuck does everyone feel the need to bitch about anything and everything now.
Not sure I'm outraged, but will I be pissed about a wheel that was welded and sold to me as new? FUCK YES. Do I no its too late to matter, yes. Waiting for a call back.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Look closely. Is that a crack around the nut cert on the lower tab in the pic?Looks like it to me. clean it off with a wire brush.
Cleaned it up no crack. Sander says it is from welding the halves together. Says that is bigger than he has seen but won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
15,669 Posts
So after 2 years you are outraged? What did Sanders say?

Why the fuck does everyone feel the need to bitch about anything and everything now.
kind of like you are? LMAO bitching about people bitching and asking "why the fuck does everyone feel the need to bitch about anything and everything" You cant make this shit up.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
21 - 40 of 52 Posts