Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is IF,IHRA or NHRA on a moonless night woke up and said let's build a brand new track in WNY,do you think it would be able to put butts in the stands and enough cars in the lanes on a weekly basis??.:confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
we had a chance of a new nhra track in WNY....even a nascar complex....despite the want from many, both got shot down. notice about 30 minutes over the border a nascar complex is going in.....hell, theres even a group wanting a drag track in the brownfield site areas in south buffalo.

there are plenty of people in the area that want to race. however, there are many hurdles that need to be overcome to bring in racers, as well as spectators. even if you have the right people, racers may see a track as a dump and will drive further to nicer facilities. as spectators, they get tired of seeing slow classes bracket race. hell, have you seen lancaster on a wednesday night cruise? the cruise night is their best night of the week, not friday drags, saturday roundy rounds, or amateur/test tuesdays.

improve the facilities. replace the bad sections of bleachers, replace fencing that is rusting away and falling apart, fill in the potholes, put up some fresh paint, fix up the signs that are fading away, do some landscaping. make the place look NICE and people will be more inclined to check it out. its like that for any business. people will ALWAYS notice those that look nicer and will ALWAYS opt to go to the one that looks nicer. people talk, word spreads fast. even if you dont advertise that you make improvements, someone will notice and it will spread. hell, if there was an actual honest, solid effort to make substantial improvements, i would even volunteer my time to help do that.

create shows that have faster cars. when you have these "show" nights, cut back on the slower classes of bracket racing that the spectators dont care about seeing. is that bad for the weekly racers? sure. give them the night off and throw em 30 points for the day. OR, schedule the show on a different day.

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly,I'm trying hard not to fall into the pitfalls of negativity about NYS and it's economy. I do wonder if a first class track would do well because of that.I also wonder if the interest in drag racing as a whole in the area has dwindled to the point where any track would have a hard time being successful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts