Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one tell me the wisdom, of having a rule that only requires only a front brake on a grudge dragbike. This is some kinda close for me as i have buddy that went of the end of the track on very quick promod type of bike with no brakes doing 165-170.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
IN the NHRA rule book it is REQUIRED to have operating front & REAR brakes! In my opinion, anyone running without a rear brake is just stupid! For exactly the reason you stated!!! Ray.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can some one tell me the wisdom, of having a rule that only requires only a front brake on a grudge dragbike. This is some kinda close for me as i have buddy that went of the end of the track on very quick promod type of bike with no brakes doing 165-170.
He went off with stuck throttle . I was told no brakes Stuck throttle I never really did get good answer from him on that. I guess it doesn't really matter. I am sure any insurance Company there sells to any race track with a NHRA sanction. would be very displease to know, Less drag was the factor in not having rear brakes. I don't know maybe these bikes don't go fast enough to warrant rear brakes. It is always nice when, racer has a crash and gets to walk away. And because he had the best safety gear best equipment. And gets to thanks the builder for his safety and the ORG for the rules that make It possible for him to walk away thats very good!!. If i think safety is the highest thing on my list when i make passes, and if that makes me a pussy. I am not sorry for that ether. I don't JB weld my drain plugs in after a big pan slam-- i don't zip tie my battery on-- i don't pinch off rear brake line-- i don't rap baby dypers over a big oil leak--i dont fake i have a working cut off switch.I don't take torch to my Nos bottles--I don't cut up washers to replace Nos blow out disks. this is just some of the fun stuff i have seen in 15yrs of racing. I have been in the 8:0s on the bike i race. I am glad on the west coast the do use the rule as intened. With that i am done with posting on this topic . Cyaaaaaaaaaaa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts