Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Brake guru's out there?

Im running a 1.060 Strange Manual MC, 3/16" lines, no prop valve, GM d52 metric calipers all around.

Question is should this work. I have a pedal, lines are bled etc. But they just dont feel
"good." Do they stop? Yes, but they dont instill very much confidence.

Would it help to go up to 1/4" lines? Should i add a prop valve? Should i write this off as normal and expected?

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Any Brake guru's out there?

Im running a 1.060 Strange Manual MC, 3/16" lines, no prop valve, GM d52 metric calipers all around.

Question is should this work. I have a pedal, lines are bled etc. But they just dont feel
"good." Do they stop? Yes, but they dont instill very much confidence.

Would it help to go up to 1/4" lines? Should i add a prop valve? Should i write this off as normal and expected?

Any input appreciated.
I guess that question is what doesn't feel good? Too hard? Too Soft? I normally don't go over 1" bore on a manual brake setup. 1.06 will give you a harder pedal. Whats your pedal ratio? Have you checked the PSI on all 4 corners? Do not go 1/4" lines!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that question is what doesn't feel good? Too hard? Too Soft? I normally don't go over 1" bore on a manual brake setup. 1.06 will give you a harder pedal. Whats your pedal ratio? Have you checked the PSI on all 4 corners? Do not go 1/4" lines!!!
The Pedal feels fine, if anything its on the soft side imo. Starts soft then firms up by 1/4 travel, Pedal never goes to floor (what i mean is i cant press pedal to the floor board as it firms up)

I have not checked PSI at corners.

Dont know exact pedal ratio but arm was installed in the upper hole on the pedal, (where factory manual brakes would have been installed)

Reason im questioning them may just be because ive never driven a car with manual brakes and just dont know better.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
What are the piston diameters in the front and rear? What kind of car? Drag only? Street Strip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts