Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a race car but Ive hit a wall and need some help. 96 Chevy 1/2 ton 305. Right rear brake line keeps getting air. Wheel cylinder is NOT leaking. I can bleed all the brakes and 10 minutes later or next day the pedal will be soft and ABS light is on. ABS will also cycle periodically with very little pressure on the pedal. I cant find any leaks and fluid level doesnt drop so I cannot figure out where this air is coming from. Since this problem started I have replace wheel cylinders and master cylinder and have bled the system probably a 100 times. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Roy

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Any chance of it being an issue with the rubber line that goes to the "T" near the rear end? I had one that was giving me fits once and it wound up being the rubber line was collapsed internally.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Are any of the hard lines to the back heavily rusted? Maybe not enough to spew fluid but leak a bit allowing some air? My truck had very rsusty lines that were brittle but wasn't losing fluid really...but after I replaced them the pedal was much firmer and brakes were way better.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
possibly a bad master cyl. .. How can you say your only getting air in the right rear when the same line feeds both rear wheels??..is the L rear bleeder broke off?? Not bustin you or nothing, just unsure of your situation....did you bleed the abs?? how did this all start???

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
had the same problem with a galaxie I built, turns out it was the MC.

there are a couple seals inside that you might want to check

is this a hydra-boost MC?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts