Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys seeing for brake pressures with a foot brake setup? And what are you running for pressure to the front?

I have a Mark Williams Chrysler style master,foot pedal,Wilwood 4 piston rears,Wilwood spot calipers in the front,steel rotors front and rear

I only see 700psi to the rears and 150psi to the fronts. My rear brakes go to the front port of the master and fronts go to the rear port with a Wilwood proportioning inline. Should both ports be tee'd together?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
You should be able to make 900-1000 lbs at each caliper. Your rear brakes should be plumbed into the port closest to the mounting flange.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your rear brakes should be plumbed into the port closest to the mounting flange.
Please elaborate on this why is that ? and what difference does it make? I thought it was the other around rear brakes in the ports farthest from the flange??

I am asking because i have some issues with my brakes on my doorcar same setup like op.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Please elaborate on this why is that ? and what difference does it make? I thought it was the other around rear brakes in the ports farthest from the flange??

I am asking because i have some issues with my brakes on my doorcar same setup like op.
Port "A" (closest to flange) displaces more fluid, should be plumbed to the end of car with the most combined piston area.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok thank you. what about residual valves? are there suppose to be one on both front and rear or just the rear? brake cylender is mount on the floor of my car.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many ProMods foot brake? I've never seen one but I guess anything is possible.
I have no idea just thought I'd ask. I broke my hand two summers in a row and was having troubles with it after surgery so I put the foot brake in. I don't mind the foot brake with a converter drive. Keeps both hands free. I could put the hand brake back in now but would take me awhile to get used to it again

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should be able to make 900-1000 lbs at each caliper. Your rear brakes should be plumbed into the port closest to the mounting flange.
I pulled everything apart this morning and I was wrong in my original post.. My rear brakes are plumbed to the port closest to the flange. 2lb residual in the rear but no residual in the fronts. I will pick one up today and plumb it in the front line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts