Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished running all new brake lines, installing prop valve and switching over to manual brakes in my fox body.

I was looking at the motive pressure bleeder for the brakes, if I use this will I still have to bench bleed the MC?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
You should always bench bleed a new master because 90% of the time it is not level in the car. Same if the master went dry during your brake work.....FYI for next time-if you apply the brake pedal slightly with a stick or prop rod it will close off the master ports and the master cylinder will stay full, no need to bleed it.
After doing brake lines make sure you gravity bleed each wheel separately to fill the lines.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks.

Is there anyway to stop the brake fluid from coming out the lines when I go to change from the bleeding lines to the actual brake lines after re installing?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I use my fingers over the ports. Some guys have made a loop of line with fittings to do the job, but fingers works well.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Some of the parts stores have cheap plastic bench bleed line kits. If you are careful with them they seem to work OK, IE not too messy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts