Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gbody has 3/16 for front and 1/4 for rear .While back i switched to the Strange manual cylinder with my trz kit . I ran the port near firewall to the front line and the port towards front of car went to the rear .
I then bought bought and switched to a basic bolt on brake kit for my 9" had large GM calipers and i ordered a stainless brake line kit and it went fine and bolted right up . I also bought Afco front calipers and the setup worked pretty well.

Now i bought Strange Pro series rear disc kit and the lines on the caliper is 3an , The other disk kit i removed has a 4an line from where the factory flex line was and a 4an tee with each side going to each caliper .

From reading , if i got it right , the 1/4 line for rear was because of the original drum brakes and the 1/4 / 4an braided brake line worked on the other kit cause they were large GM style calipers . Since the Strange brake kit has 3an , will a 4an work or lose to much pressure ? And if thats the case will i need 3/16 line from master cylinder back or if i can find the fittings reduce down near the rear end ?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
use your current line to the back/ adapt to the calipers and have fun. It makes NO difference on line size to the back as you have it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ,
Strange got back with me and said i couldn't run 4 an into calipers , so like you said , i have to find out what threads went where the factory flex hose used to be and if its an inverted flare . If it is 7/16 x 24 i can get a 7/16 x 24 to 3 an adapter and a 3an line from there into a 3an tee , then 3an to each caliper.
Not sure if thats the correct way at this point .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts