Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my 1st ever non bracket race that i was a spectator at and the 1st race i have just sat and watched in 20 yrs. The 1st thing i would say is 80% of the heads up racers are fuggin' nuts! Damn those cars have some power and are a handfull to drive. I really enjoyed it and had a great time.

Most all of the cars were really nice all the way around. Paint, body, chassis, etc.

I didn't think the 1/8th mile would be that great but it was still a good race to watch. I would prefer to see 1/4 but some of those cars may actually leave the ground if given the chance.

The one aspect of heads up and index racing i really don't get is why 15 crew members are needed on the starting line?

I also thought there would be WAY more spectators than there was.

I could have done without bikes but that's at any race for me. The rotary class( not sure waht it's called?) was pretty good too. Some of those cars were flying. The announcer talking and yelling in Spanish made it seem like i was at a soccer game. lol

Great time and we met some great people and saw some really good racing. Good job Shakedown!

·
MoPar what else is there.
7,710 Posts
15 crew members 1 to watch the launch,1 to watch the tires,1 to watch the rear and so on it's almost like a big street race....SO you'll be back next yr???

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, i'll def go back. Sat we saw the guy catch on fire and a couple guys make a pass that ended up in the opposite lane that they started in! My wife said it was more interesting than watching bracket racing.

·
11,812 Posts
Thank you for a 2 reasons....

1) Thank you for attending the Shakedown event.

2) Thank you for supplying important feedback in you comments...they have been copied and will be reviewed by our team. There is lots of room for improvement in our program and we got work to do. Again thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

·
Sizeable Member
7,735 Posts
I've been the Shakedown for the last 5 yrs or so but this could very well have been my last. There's lots of good stuff going on but also a lot I could care less about. Bikes, imports, and too many 1/8 mile classes made for kind of a ho hum day for me as far as the racing went. Flame on if you must but in my opinion this race isn't nearly as good as it used to be. I know some will say I'm not a "real" race fan but that is my opinion and from talking to people in the crowd, I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Regardless of all that though I think Mr Hance did an awesome job putting on this event. Thanks to Dave and the whole event staff for your hard work.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Etown is close to me so i know a lot of people there regardless of what event is going on. The people that i talked to that have been before also liked the 1/4 mile racing better. They also said that there were less full passes and more accidents with 1/4 mile. I'm no expert but seeing the power that these cars had and doing a 1/8 mile on 3 wheels a 1/4 may just not be safe. I would gladly watch 1/8 mile all day before watching cleanups and accidents at 1/4.

I'm not trying to be a nut hugger but I REALLY ENJOYED THE EVENT.

Dumb question time.....is the YB Nats the same format and cars/classes?

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
I had plans of being there but didn't feel like making the 3-1/2 hour ride each way by myself. The morning wouldn't have been a problem but leaving there Saturday at 11:00 pm or midnight and headin home would have sucked. Tony said I could have stayed across the street at his place but I didn't find that out until Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mr. hance as always thank you for another excellent shakedown event. as always the do not miss event of the season.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder how many folks will complain about the Spanish announcer?

I wasn't complaining. It was actually funny to hear. He only announced that class(import/rotary). All other classes were English and by the regular announcer. lol

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts
Maybe I can make it next year :/

I wonder how many folks will complain about the Spanish announcer?
I didn't understand what he was saying but it seemed like he was having a great time announcing!

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I had a great time. Its always a much needed end of the year motivator to keep me focused on my own car.

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Dumb question time.....is the YB Nats the same format and cars/classes?

I havn't been to Shakedown yet for some reason. But I can assure you if you enjoyed the Shakedown you will really enjoy YB race.

I can see how watching 1/8 mile racing on a big track like E-town or even Atco would suck because your seeing them end the run at the half track.

When your at Cecil your watching from the back so every race just looks like a killer holeshot race. It doesn't appear as a shortened up race.

Also, i'm sure you have been to Cecil County so you know that the atmosphere is more of a streetrace event. People everywhere. 30-40 people standing right on the line and you can get exremely close to the acton. Your not forced to be 200 yards away from the track.

YB race is like a Woodstock of streetcar mania. Shakedown seems more like a and of the year Super Bowl type event.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts