Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for awhile and I still don't think I've got it figured out completely.. I'm putting and F1r on a Lq4 in a 68 Camaro running A/C and alternator only. What bracket should I be looking at?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
There are several made by companies other than procharger. But if you want one from procharger, the lsx transplant bracket is nice and you can get accy bracket that work with it. Only problem with that bracket setup is that some have complained about hood clearance issues. I think it sets the blower up kind high.

Here is a pic of the lsx transplant cog bracket from procharger. The blower is an F2 and this is in a late model truck. You can get sort of an idea of the blower height and location from these pics.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Design and make your own like I did...

You can see in these 2 pictures... I had a small revision to my bracket after it was done....
I had forgotten about my power steering stuff... so I had to take out a small piece of the procharger bracket

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could design and make my own. Don't have the tools.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are several made by companies other than procharger. But if you want one from procharger, the lsx transplant bracket is nice and you can get accy bracket that work with it. Only problem with that bracket setup is that some have complained about hood clearance issues. I think it sets the blower up kind high.

Here is a pic of the lsx transplant cog bracket from procharger. The blower is an F2 and this is in a late model truck. You can get sort of an idea of the blower height and location from these pics.

I think that would work for my setup. I can prob get away with that bracket. Its the LSX transplant you said. THX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts