Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used these? I got a set in a combo deal, building a 377, .630 roller cam (dont know all specs) Apparently these are 2.05 intake valves, the intake runners look untouched. I dont really have the cash to get a "profesional" port job done to them, but I can open them up to a felpro 1206 myself.
I am scared I should not of got rid of my old dart iron eagles!

·
Registered
28,920 Posts
Yes, I used them in ss/cs for years ported by John Haskell and DARE racing. They are not much out of the box. You should have kept the darts. We made 631 hp on 291 ci ported professionally, but had 8,000 in the heads when we were done.

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
377's are high winders, those bowties are only 185cc intake runner. i think youre gonna choke that thing

·
Registered
28,920 Posts
Yes, 8,000 dollars complete from Haskell. Flow was 303 intake, 244 exhaust, exhaust was awesome. Thats with .7 mm tit. intake, and tit. exhaust.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Depending on when they were produced they could be really bad.The later ones had terrible exhaust ports and without spending some money on port work you will not make much power with them.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, if the budget is tight, you all think I am better off with a set of the cheap 210CC procomps for 700 bucks for this year??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Buy a set of RHS iron 200cc heads. They flow 280 out of the box, have a great chamber design and very good swirl characteristcs. On a 377 mcsa is good for peak power @ 7000 and will help bring some good tq numbers as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts