Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bow season is only a little over a month away here in Michigan. Any one flinging arrows yet?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just had my bow out a few days ago. I have not shot yet. Still too hot in NJ. Even when the season starts.

I will start shooting in a month and start hunting a few weeks after that.

Mathews and Steelforce!!!! Only way to fly!

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
+ 1 on the Mathews!

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
And here I always thought it was where you shot not what you shot. lol

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
True, but you can drive up to valet parking in a Hyundai Excel or you can drive up in a new AMC Mercedes Benz.

Both cars will get you there, but which would you prefer???
LOL I"m flat foot like a Duck, don't give a quack. I'll ask Bambi witch one hurts the most .
I'm not downing new equipment, just hate to change anything that works. Guess it's just old age. I still shoot 2 3/4 shells out of a 60 year old shotgun, at ducks and geese. I do miss the lead though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
just put new WC string on my 07 mathews SB a week ago and have about 100 shots since. tree stands are up and its starting to get chilly at night. the itch is starting. time to put my project on the jack stands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm down here in Marylandand our season starts on Sept. 15. We have whitetail here but I'm lnto sika does anyone know of these great little elk.Not very big,a nice stag on the hoof about 100lb. But very tasty! Check out hunting in Md.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Here in southcentral PA our bow season starts Oct. 4th. I had a new string put on my PSE Firestorm back in June and have been shooting on a regualar basis a few evenings a week. All the new stands are up and the good ole ones are still in the same ole money spots. Trail cameras have been snapping pics since about the end of June. I've got a couple of nice bucks on film a nice main frame 8 with an 1 1/2 in long sticker on the end of the right main, he'll probably score in the high teens. And a Monster 11 pointer that I haven't gotten any recent pics of in the month of Aug but the last pics I got in early July he was already about 20in. wide, can't wait to see him again and fully grown out of velvet. Our early canada goose season and dove starts on Sept 1st., I set up our doghouse blinds down at the pond to get the geese used to them, shootin some clay birds tomorrow of the dang rain stops long enough. I'm ready, sooooo ready!! I live for hunting in the fall and winter and drag racing in the spring and summer, I just hope that my hunting goes better than the racing did this year. Good luck to yall. Whack'em and Stack'em!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I had a new string put on my PSE Firestorm

thats what i shoot. i call it "ole junk". love that bow. have had a couple hoyts, parkers, and bowtechs. and shot countless others. just cant beat ole junk. muzzy zero effect and ole junk- its killin time....

·
Registered
164 Posts
here in east tn our bow season starts at the end of sep. i only have a couple of weeks left to get everything ready. i shoot my pse stingray about everyday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like I said before anyone looking for something a little out of the norm should look into sika in Maryland.I hunt on Assateague its a fed. park so you can camp there for a small fee.But you can be hunting in mins. from camp and its very good for the whole family,wild horses and sika can be found right in the camp grounds many times.And just a short walk to the beach.NOW thats a deal a hunt for you and a nice vacation for all.Wait untill Nov. 3 and you can also hunt on the state end.No I dont work there just trying to let everyone know about a nice cheep hunt.To find out more you can call 410 641 3030 Fed. or 410 641 2120 St.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Bow season starts here sept 27. I just bought a bow and have been practicing . I have always hunted with a rifle so I can not wait to draw back on a deer with the bow.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bow season starts here sept 27. I just bought a bow and have been practicing . I have always hunted with a rifle so I can not wait to draw back on a deer with the bow.

A whole world of change!!! I have never and will never hunt with a rifle/shotgun. I just do not see the challenge in that. If you do, more power to you. Bowhunting, you have to be super quiet, super scent free, super camo'ed, be able to draw, aim and shoot with an animal maybe 20-30 yards away. Not easy by any means. Then if you do get off a shot, the tracking is alot longer then most gun shot wounds. I love it!! last season I spotted a very large mature buck. It was always 60+ yards away in high grass. It would never come in. I tried adding a different stand and still could not get him. A 60 yard shot would have been childs play with a rifle. But that is why it is challenging.

ENJOY!!!! Keep throwing arrows and get good. Arrow placement is VERY important in bowhunting.
Arrows kill by laceration
Bullets kill by concussion

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.