Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning and turning my truck intake backwards and running it right through the fire wall and to the air to water that will be mounted in the back seat. But I've heard the bov should be placed after the intercooler? But then that leaves me no room for the bov except in the cab. Could it hurt anything if I placed the bov right after the compressor of the turbo before it goes through the firewall to the IC?

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
It should be fine, as most recommend installing the bov before the intercooler anyway. Something to do with bypassing unused hot air before it hits the I/C.

I've always been a little leery of this, because of pressure delta pre and post I/C. The bov is using press/vac from behind the tb to regulate it, if there is a large delta between that and pre i/c, I could see it causing an issue of having to adjust the bov to accomodate. Probably not an issue, but thats just how I think.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
^^^ Can be a problem, but only if the intercooler has HUGE pressure drop. Before the cooler helps keep pressure from coming back at the compressor. But w space problems I have run them before and after w no issues so far. I still prefer pre intercooler when I can

1 - 3 of 3 Posts