Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I've searched and searched and can't get a straight answer. What is the best placement for the blow of valve on a turbo w/blow through? I'm building a kit for my buddies car and getting ready to put the bov on tonight and just want to make sure I get it in the right spot. It has an air to water in the pass side fender well. Any input help would be appreciated. :drinkers:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think as close to the TB is best, but I have seen them everywhere from front mount intercoolers to piping inside passenger compartment. I have mine in the intake pipe about a foot from the throttle body.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^That's where I'm stuck at. I've heard before maf after intercooler, before intercooler and then as close as you can to throttle body. Lol Guess I just need to decide before or after intercooler. :smt102

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is blow through. So it doesn't matter if it's before or after intercooler just before the maf??

·
Registered
793 Posts
If running a MAF sensor you will need a recirculating BOV ,but I am not sure if you want the BOV before or after the MAF.

·
Platinum Member
5,683 Posts
If running a MAF sensor you will need a recirculating BOV ,but I am not sure if you want the BOV before or after the MAF.
It only needs to be a recirculating type IF the BOV is placed between the MAF and the TB. If it vents to atmosphere, then it needs to be placed before the MAF meter.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Before the MAF on the cold side pipe. Done.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i just talked to the guys at forced inductions on this topic, i was told the blowoff really needs to be between the compressor and the intercooler, due to the fact that any pressure drop or back pressure seen by the intercooler will be retained for a short bit in the turbo if the blowoff valve is post intercooler, and could possibly lead to thrust bearing issues later on..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts