Yellow Bullet Forums banner

741 - 743 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #741
Thanks boys!

Car is fantastic but must ask and may have already been mentioned earlier but too me it seems the first chassis shop done a fantastic job, what was the reason for taking it too another shop to be finished? Work from both shops looks great! Good luck with the end result
Ryan, good question. When the car finally got down on the ground and was a bare roller. I was tapped out money wise. I was kinda burnt out on the whole deal. Joe from Racemasters (the first shop that did chassis and hung body) is a excellent fabricator. Also his son Nick and his other employee Brandon who are in their mid 20s I'd say, are also bad ass fabricators. They can build anything and it will be killer. That being said, Joe is an old school blower/carb guy. And my feeling was, although I know they could handle building headers and mounting turbos etc. I felt it was in the cars and my best interest to have somebody with the most knowledge possible to handle the turbo/efi set up. I actually saw Eddie Kraewics *spelling* build thread on here and he had DMC build his car and it was insanely beautiful. That's when I began talking with Dennis and also setting money aside lol. Joe builds more street car style cars and Dennis builds full on 3 second 1/8 mile monsters. So when we merged those 2, I think I'm getting an incredible outcome. I also figured it would be more cost efficient to have DMC finish it up, being that this is what they do. Joe could do it, but he may have to make some phone calls and ask a lot of questions to get the same result. And the time he spent mocking up/trial and error, could be better spent on other areas. On top of that, Dennis is in contact with the best minds in the business on a weekly basis. Anything I need he knows who to call and can have it handled in a matter of minutes. There are definitely some things I would like to have done differently, maybe next time around!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks boys!

Ryan, good question. When the car finally got down on the ground and was a bare roller. I was tapped out money wise. I was kinda burnt out on the whole deal. Joe from Racemasters (the first shop that did chassis and hung body) is a excellent fabricator. Also his son Nick and his other employee Brandon who are in their mid 20s I'd say, are also bad ass fabricators. They can build anything and it will be killer. That being said, Joe is an old school blower/carb guy. And my feeling was, although I know they could handle building headers and mounting turbos etc. I felt it was in the cars and my best interest to have somebody with the most knowledge possible to handle the turbo/efi set up. I actually saw Eddie Kraewics *spelling* build thread on here and he had DMC build his car and it was insanely beautiful. That's when I began talking with Dennis and also setting money aside lol. Joe builds more street car style cars and Dennis builds full on 3 second 1/8 mile monsters. So when we merged those 2, I think I'm getting an incredible outcome. I also figured it would be more cost efficient to have DMC finish it up, being that this is what they do. Joe could do it, but he may have to make some phone calls and ask a lot of questions to get the same result. And the time he spent mocking up/trial and error, could be better spent on other areas. On top of that, Dennis is in contact with the best minds in the business on a weekly basis. Anything I need he knows who to call and can have it handled in a matter of minutes. There are definitely some things I would like to have done differently, maybe next time around!

Thanks for the reply!either way your on to a winner mate , can’t wait to see the build in it’s finishing stages!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
Crazy how fast a few months flies by. Only a little progress on the car. We finally closed on our construction loan to completely remodel our house. The underwriter was giving me a real hard time about the "unusually large withdrawals" and asking where the money was going. I guess when my response was RACECAR she wasnt impressed. So we had to lay off it for a bit until that was all wrapped up. But that's done and we have concrete walls and on to framing next. So Dennis has the green light again to get the car ready for disassembly. This should be the year! LOL

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

741 - 743 of 743 Posts