Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
was looking at a 36" I think the other day in Lowes I was wondering what the opinion of them was.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have the little one that runs off the 1 Lb propane cylinders and I love it.

I have pretty much switched to using it for ribeyes.
I get a single steak at the meat counter and have it cut abou 2", then when ready I butterfly it about 60-40 or 70-30 in thickness and throw it on there with some garlic butter.
The wife likes hers medium and I like mine more rare and when her part is done to medium the thicker part is just about perfect for me.

I also busted out the belt sander on it and slicked it up even better than it came, so after that and a good re-seasoning it's really non stick and easy to clean and actually seems to cook even better.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have owned the Blackstone 35" for a number of years. I LOVE the thing. Breakfasts for a number of people. Smashburgers. Sausage full rings and peppers, feast style. Philly steaks. Quesadillas or anything going into a tortilla or taco shell. The best thing about the 36" is the four burners. This allows different heat zones and warming area if desired. When it fails I will certainly get another.

Jim

·
Former RJ instigator
40,249 Posts
It's on my wish list, I want the 36 inch stainless steel one though, they are a bit more pricey.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have the little one that runs off the 1 Lb propane cylinders and I love it..
I have the Blackstone 28" and the 17". Have not used the 28" in over a year since I got the small one, so going to sell it. I bought the propane tank adapter for it to run off the 20# tanks. Those little 1# bottles just go empty too fast, and it sucks when you are in the middle of cooking. I do keep a few of them in case the 20# goes empty.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My old man only ever had BBQs he made himself (we weren't rolling in cash). They were all the same over the years, one huge flat pieces of stainless steel usually about quarter inch thick. set up on bricks. That was it. Since I've had my own places i have had various BBQs from stand alone on wheels to built in (current house we bought). Every time I've replaced the plates with one large flat pieces of cast iron or stainless steel. Tht's all I will cook on. That said we don't BBQ that much

·
Former RJ instigator
40,249 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts