Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NOS bottle that has a high flow valve on it that is damaged. I have a replacement valve, and I am wondering what is the best way to get ahold of the bottle to remove the valve. I tried putting it in a set of bottle brackets, but the bottle just spun in the brakets.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I have a NOS bottle that has a high flow valve on it that is damaged. I have a replacement valve, and I am wondering what is the best way to get ahold of the bottle to remove the valve. I tried putting it in a set of bottle brackets, but the bottle just spun in the brakets.

Try a Vise with some thick strips of rubber on the jaws, don't have to really crank down on it and it won't spin.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I LIKE to know too.... I let a guy use one of my bottles and let a dirt dober plug the hole on it.... cleaned it best I could still wanna take it apart though to check it

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Try this, take a ratcheting tie down strap and strap the bottle to a six by six or something or just strap two bottle together. Put something between the bottle and the strap for more friction, rubber like from an inner tube would be ideal but plastic wrap will probably work.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
make sure its mounted good, its under a lot of pressure.
:)

seriously though. i have changed a couple by using a big open end wrench and tapping the wrench with a small sledge. dont know if this is the right way, but its worked great for me.
done the same thing installing the new valves. having them in a bottle bracket worked for me.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
cheap guys strap wrench is to wrap a serpentine belt around it multiple times and crimp the ends in a bench vise.....big cresent for the valve.....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Grab a big ratchet strap, put a couple wraps around the bottle and ratchet it to tree. Grab a big cresent and away we go. The bottle is secured, no beating on the bottle required, and it wont scuff the bottles.

·
Super Moderator
12,158 Posts
You can do it as Monte stated, I have done it that way in a pinch.

The way we assemble our bottles is with a piece of equipment that bolts to the floor and has a wide rubber belt that goes around the bottle. Then you pull up on a lever and a pneumatic cylinder cinches the belt tight as hell !!

Change out the valve, then release it.. It's actually a really cool machine. Paying a grand for it sucked though... :rolleyes: Thanks, SJ

PS. If you get in a pinch you can send us your bottle and valves and we can change them out for you..

·
Registered
470 Posts
I used a ratchet strap and cresent wrench. Like stated already a couple raps on the bottle strap to something solid and you good to go

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got it off. 2 rachet straps arount the bottle, and the main cast iron sewer pipe in my basement. I think someone had put something on the treads, because it was a real PITA to get off.

Thanks everyone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts