Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the key to gettin a perfect bottle fill??? ive tried emptying slap out , topping off a half fill but it seems i get one real good fill out of about 5 , we get the pressure up around 950-1000 and it seems like it purges great on one fill, then the next fill the purge is as weak as water at the same psi , and the performance of the engine shows it!!!! any help on this would be greatly appreciated. btw the weak as water purge sounds good but no white fogg , idunno , someone please help us on this problem :(

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm sure there are some guys that do this,I always throw my vacuum pump on my bottles when they are empty.This will remove all moisture and atmosphere from the bottlle.If you don't do this the "atmosphere" in the bottle can give you less room for expansion and possibly creating pressure drop issues.maybe its splitting hairs but probably not a bad pratice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steve i guess that could be part of it idunno , i dont change the tune on the system at all . but when the purge is good it sets it on fire!! but when i see no purge on a supposedly full bottle and we have the press up according to the guage, the performance is way down! im running a wilson 2stage plate with 82 square at 6.5 fuel, have no issues only till weget a bottle doing this , u can crack the valve with the bottle out and u can hold your hand in front of it and i know thats not right and whats coming out is weakly white in any givin atmosphere, i dont fill my own bottles , and ocassionly i have someone else go get em filled for me. ive been there and the scales read 25lbs . but this last one we had filled the mother bottle ran out and they switched tanks but the scales read 25.4 but it was a dud. ive seemed to notice this happen more with a pump station than with the freezer deal . idunno ??? i dont have any scales myself but i guess i need to buy some . and why wouldnt u pull a vacuum on a bottle before filling it ??? thats what ive always wondered ??? all input is greatly appreciated cause when we got a run to make i cant have this stuff happening !!!!:confused:

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I fill my own bottles at home using the freezer. I did this all of last year. I only pull my bottles down to 20 lbs from 23.8 to 24.0 full weight. I do invert a bottle and blow off some pressure but no liquid to get any air out? Just seems like a good thing to do to me. I just add a few pounds to get back to around 24 lbs which is slightly underfillled. Used about 100 lbs of gas last year and every bottle has been fine and the car has performed well. Do you motor purge? I do and the first hit can be weak at times. I usually bump it 3 times and it is very responsive that way. These things have worked for me.

·
Registered
31,649 Posts
You guys need to study the physical properties of nitrous oxide and pay particular attention to the supercritical fluid state.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah we motor purge on the 2nd stage cause the 1st is on a progresser and wot switch , but i really dont have any clue why it varies from one fill to another .

·
Registered
918 Posts
One thing to keep in mind, if you fill your bottle in the stand up position, the liquid nitrous going into the recieving bottle has to go all the way down the siphon tube and thru the liquid nitrous at the bottom of the bottle. This makes it a little harder to fill bottles, sometimes. When I have a stubborn bottle that needs filling I usually lay down the bottle so that the outlet on the recieving bottle faces upwards, that way the siphon tube is above the liquid in the bottle making it much easier to fill.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One thing to keep in mind, if you fill your bottle in the stand up position, the liquid nitrous going into the recieving bottle has to go all the way down the siphon tube and thru the liquid nitrous at the bottom of the bottle. This makes it a little harder to fill bottles, sometimes. When I have a stubborn bottle that needs filling I usually lay down the bottle so that the outlet on the recieving bottle faces upwards, that way the siphon tube is above the liquid in the bottle making it much easier to fill.
everytime my bottle has been filled both the giver and reciever is upright at room temp. they just hook up a line and open both valves and then turn on the pump to get the weight . so i dunno i dont fill my own bottles , but thats how my supplier has been doing it .

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Make sure that if the mother bottel that is refilling your bottel those have a tube, then it doesnt need to be fliped up side down, And All Air Gas mother bottels do have a tube in them. I learned this the hard way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make sure that if the mother bottel that is refilling your bottel those have a tube, then it doesnt need to be fliped up side down, And All Air Gas mother bottels do have a tube in them. I learned this the hard way.
idnk if it has a tube or not? he fills with the mother bottle standin upright. how can i tell ??? they look just like a reg oxy or acetylene tank s just by lookin at em , i did notice that most refill or pump stations come with a bottle stand , good point !! i need to check into that!!! thanx!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Usely when there is a tube in a mother bottel it would have a sticker saying that this bottel contains a tube inside. Or just ask the person joking around and see what he tell you. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Usely when there is a tube in a mother bottel it would have a sticker saying that this bottel contains a tube inside. Or just ask the person joking around and see what he tell you. GOOD LUCK
thanx for that piece of info it makes perfect good sense , im deff gonna see cause im very positive my problems are with my bottle fills and i cant be having these issues if we got money on the line if u know what i mean lol :p

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I am thinking, which is sometimes dangerous, but if you were not getting liquid in your bottles you would never get to your full bottle weight would you?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am thinking, which is sometimes dangerous, but if you were not getting liquid in your bottles you would never get to your full bottle weight would you?
yeah u would think so . thats whats got me confused :confused: but i can deff tell a diff, im not the only one in my area this has happened to over the years , i know alot of you are weekly racers and yall know the tricks to make this stuff work consistently , i dunno but i know ive got a problem some where in the fills.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Do you weigh your bottles on your own scale?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts