Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on the accident at, adrl meet, at Cecil, Georgia today (4/4/10). I heard a Nitrous Bottle blew up, Killing Mike Walker?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Its in the trashed section, very sad news. May God bless the friends and family!!

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
And before the thread gets stupid (as some of the others have) the bottle was in a heater when it let go, Mike was reported to have been checking on it when it let go. It was a carbon bottle, I am sure a thorough investigation will be done, so speculation is pointless.

A very sad day for all involved, Mike was a family man.

RIP, You will be missed!

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
That is just wrong, bad things can happen to good people.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
What a way to go. When its your time its your time. Veyr sad to hear...

·
6,816 Posts
Rip prayers go out two the family
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I personally would like to know what happened, as i mess with bottles just about every day of the week. There have been accidents in the past where we all said i wouldn't of done this or that etc, but for some reason this may be different.

Only about 10% of the bottles i fill have been carbon fiber, but i'd still like to know what all transpired here so we can possibly prevent it in the future from happening again.

RIP Mr. Walker and your accident may open our eyes to a whole new world of safety for keeping Nitrous contained in a small space until we are ready to use it.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
i don't want to sound bad but after i heard this i was talking to a buddy of mine and told him i bet they had a carbon fiber bottle in the car..

i always wounder how many times that fiber can move " as in fill and flex" until it blows up. just my 2 cents

but that on the bottle heater that is a big saftey for me that is why i have a hot water tank. on electric heater.

my rip man no whe is in hot rod heaven..

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Carbon Fiber is supossed some tuff shit and i will be doing some research on it (along with alum, because the bottles are made with both materials) with all of the mechanical and chemical engineers that i deal with.

·
bye
50,511 Posts
i don't want to sound bad but after i heard this i was talking to a buddy of mine and told him i bet they had a carbon fiber bottle in the car..

i always wounder how many times that fiber can move " as in fill and flex" until it blows up. just my 2 cents

but that on the bottle heater that is a big saftey for me that is why i have a hot water tank. on electric heater.

my rip man no whe is in hot rod heaven..
You forget the heat cycles and the rapid cooling with components with dissimilar contraction and expansion rates.

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
hearing these things make's me Ill
cant imagine what the family is going through
I pray somthing good can come of this, dont know if it will or can,but i hope none the less

Godspeed

1 - 20 of 171 Posts