Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im cooking a Butt now and wonder is there a certain way to place the meat. Basically im asking if one side up or rotate during cooking. The one i have now has a nice layer of fat on one side.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Most put fat side up in a smoker.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Assuming you're using a Crock Pot, Put the fat side UP, always.. Not necessary to turn it if you cook it slow enough [on low]... I do small to medium size ones [2 1/2 to 4 lbs] for about 6 hrs, on low... They are to die for...
Remember, there is variation on heat, in different Crock Pots...
Send me a sample...;)
CookDawg

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
If you are doing it on a smoker, then I put it fat side down for the first 1.5 hours and then flip and fat side up the rest of the way.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
try this

a rib end Bnls
slice it in half and then do it again 'butterfly it'
use your favorite seasoning get some crushed garlic and spread,,,some fresh parsley and roll back into shape bake it ,use a good temp gauge 170 degree its done some roasted red potatoes... and a side dish of your favorite greens......OH baby!!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
If you are doing it on a smoker, then I put it fat side down for the first 1.5 hours and then flip and fat side up the rest of the way.
Why fat down? No convection?

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
try this

a rib end Bnls
slice it in half and then do it again 'butterfly it'
use your favorite seasoning get some crushed garlic and spread,,,some fresh parsley and roll back into shape bake it ,use a good temp gauge 170 degree its done some roasted red potatoes... and a side dish of your favorite greens......OH baby!!!

Do you mean rib eye? Sounds damn good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts