Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out that the block has been windowed and repair with bass, only 7 original pistons, the rods are the nascar ones, the heads have the receiver groove and they have not got the crank yet, so we will have to see how this goes.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
I hate to be ignorant, but who is Jim?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The Shop owner who's doing the Work...

·
Registered
30,144 Posts

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure that it will be for resale like most of the customer's stuff is, so it might be back to stock or as close as they can make it. We'll have to see where this rabbit hole takes us.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
BBF, nice stuff there. Not the greatest of shape, but Jim seems to make it come around.

Was just talking to a friend about doing a Boss 9 for his Anglia. His car was raced with a Blown S.O.H.C. engine, but he doesn't have the pockets for that motor. So was discussing putting a Boss 9 in it. Still have some cool factor. PLUS with him being almost 70, I said just do a Kasse-Boss and get the car out.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yep, all original Boss parts. But I would shit can those heavy rods with 1/2" rod bolts.
Would also be VERY tempting to buy a stroker crank... to get the cubes to truly take advantage of those heads.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's Eric Williams car. He was way ahead of the times when he built it. You had to see this car in person. Just unreal in the detail. Eric was a Master Machinist. He could machine-fabricate anything. Eric was also the our local guy for engine balancing. R.I.P. Eric
Yes Sir, that's the car in my avatar that I purchased from Eric. He won best engineered with it @ the '78 Gatornationals. I believe it was most likely the first door slammer to incorporate a funny car style cage into the chassis. If I'm remembering correctly, he mentioned to me that he ground his own camshafts for the Cammer!! By the way, that car and all the neat components were built in his little car and a half garage - the man was amazing!

Yep, he balanced dozens of cranks for me over the years, with never an issue. Sorry to hear he passed, though after his stroke I knew his health was in question.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts