Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I building a set of header/mufflers for my 355 sbc. I'm going to run 8 pounds of boost this year but next year I might double that. The collector mufflers are 2" outside dia primaries with a 3" exit. I'm wondering what would be the best set up? Long 2" or a shorter 1 7/8 primaries. The 1 7/8 will slid inside the existing primaries on the borla mufflers. If I did build long tube headers they will have to sweep forward then back with tight bends. If I went short they would be a straight shot out angling back to the lower part of the fire wall it about 10-15" primaries. Any help would be great. Door car with zoomies. Just wanting to quiet it down for the street but I'm not going to put a full exhaust system on. All ready tried putting motorcycle baffles in the zoomies with no success

·
Registered
172 Posts
We built 2" X 19" long with a Kooks muffler ( same design as Borla), we run a 294" SBC ,it keeps the noise down at an idle to part throttle . It makes 1000 HP at 16 lbs , at full throttle its as though there is no muffler , its F-ING loud.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts