Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question

1. Will the boost controller enable to car to limit gate pressure below spring pressure?
For instance, I have 2 14psi springs in the setup and want to limit the car on the street to 9psi
Is this possible?

I understood that the leash would blow off and limit the boost down to about 3.5 psi even with the 14lb minimum springs and allowing a maximum of 28psi at full pressure

If this is the case, I’ve got plumbing wrong. I’ve set the launch at 5psi and a 1 stage at 5psi and my gate pressure is still exceeding 12psi under 2/3 throttle.

Thanks, I am new to the turbo world so forgive my ignorance.
Mark

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
You can't control boost below spring pressure. No matter what the boost is set at the gate is mechanically not able to open below spring pressure acting on it. It doesn't matter how much CO2 it is trying to dump if there is still 14LBS of spring pressure on the diaphragm. On CO2 boost control I usually only have enough spring pressure to keep the gate closed. Probably 2-3LBS spring pressure with no problem holding 5psi launch boost and less than idea gate placement. Hope this helps.

Reactions: luckythirteen13
1 - 3 of 3 Posts