Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you determine the limit of how much boost you push through a turbo even with CO2 on the gate?

Current I'm running twin JGS 50mm gates with a FI S476 Gangster turbo. I have medium springs in the gates and it makes 7-9psi on WG. If I throw 30psi on top of the gate via the boost leash it will make 24psi. If I throw any more one of 2 things happens: there seems to be a limit in the leash because 35, 40 or even 50 psi will not make any more boost and it stays at 24psi OR the leash will reset at 30 and not allow me to add more CO2 (I only noticed it when I power it down and power it back up). I'm only trying to push 28-30psi which I know the turbo should be able to do and I've seen 25-26 before.

Any feedback? If I'm leaving out information let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
How do we know turbo is done? We don't even know what motor he has.I have a friend and hes got that turbo on a 2jz motor and its at like 36psi

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
How do you determine the limit of how much boost you push through a turbo even with CO2 on the gate?

Current I'm running twin JGS 50mm gates with a FI S476 Gangster turbo. I have medium springs in the gates and it makes 7-9psi on WG. If I throw 30psi on top of the gate via the boost leash it will make 24psi. If I throw any more one of 2 things happens: there seems to be a limit in the leash because 35, 40 or even 50 psi will not make any more boost and it stays at 24psi OR the leash will reset at 30 and not allow me to add more CO2 (I only noticed it when I power it down and power it back up). I'm only trying to push 28-30psi which I know the turbo should be able to do and I've seen 25-26 before.

Any feedback? If I'm leaving out information let me know, thanks!
what motor

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Lmfao... Why is the turbo done?

Hmm let's see. He is free spooling it and it is making no more boost lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Size of the motor will make a huge difference on how efficient the turbo will be on any application.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Lmfao... Why is the turbo done?

Hmm let's see. He is free spooling it and it is making no more boost lol
you cant say its done without knowing the size of motor.we have 2 evo around here on a 6266 making 45+psi now throw that same turbo on my 357w and it would be done around 15-20psi.

Im not saying his turbo is or is not maxed out but you cant say for sure its maxed out until you know size of motor,heads,compression.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Iol what are you even saying. He essentially has the gate clamped..... It's not making anymore boost. I don't need to know the engine size. The turbo is done on the combo it is bolted to

If it was a 3liter and he clamped the gate it would make a but load boost, what's the point?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Iol what are you even saying. He essentially has the gate clamped..... It's not making anymore boost. I don't need to know the engine size. The turbo is done on the combo it is bolted to

If it was a 3liter and he clamped the gate it would make a but load boost, what's the point?
so the turbo is maxed out? That dont explain why the BOOST leash will reset.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Let's see... He said he ran up to 50 on the gate and didn't respond.

Turbo not done on a coyote?? ... Do realize what the VE of those motors is like? Obviously not

It was already running 165+ under 25psi... Yeah bet that turbo has alot left. Rolls eys

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Let's see... He said he ran up to 50 on the gate and didn't respond.

Turbo not done on a coyote?? ... Do realize what the VE of those motors is like? Obviously not

It was already running 165+ under 25psi... Yeah bet that turbo has alot left. Rolls eys
like I said if you dont like the fucking question don't reply.

I never said
It has a lot more left.show me where I said that? My question was how can u say from the jump its done without knowing the motor.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Jesus Christ. I can say it's done without knowing the motor because it doesn't respond to dome pressure? Are you dense?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts