Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of the fab9 and the M9. Any others making a decent setup?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Maybe try calling Racecraft and TRZ

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on ordering a full front and rear control arm setup from TRZ, but didnt see anything about housings on their site. I would rather get a housing through them if possible. I want to support companies who support the racers...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just go up RT5,and have Markow build you one.

You`d save alot on shipping,plus your supporting a local business.

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just go up RT5,and have Markow build you one.

You`d save alot on shipping,plus your supporting a local business.
True. From what I always see though, he is usually very busy, and I have no idea what the lead time would be. I also could just do it myself, but the jigging and fixturing may not be worth it for just one housing.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I plan on ordering a full front and rear control arm setup from TRZ, but didnt see anything about housings on their site. I would rather get a housing through them if possible. I want to support companies who support the racers...
I run one of TRZ's bolt in A-body housings in my car. It's a very nice piece. Couldn't be happier with it!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
We do have the housings... just haven't had time to get them put up on our site. We build per order, so they take a little bit of time since there's tons of options and widths and all. If you're interested, give us a call and I can walk you through some of the options and pricing and all. We also do package deals if you were looking for a few things all at once to save a little bit of $$$.

Thanks.

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
True. From what I always see though, he is usually very busy, and I have no idea what the lead time would be. I also could just do it myself, but the jigging and fixturing may not be worth it for just one housing.
The longer you wait to call the later it will be.He is usually real good about how he schedules things.The quality is tough to beat,besides that if something should happen he is local.I bought a DTS housing and after assembly and installation I founf one of the brackets for the lower control arm/shock mount was welded on wrong and the right side is back almost 3/8" from the left.They wanted me to gut it ,clean it and ship it at my cost so they could "inspect it" and determine if there was a problem or not.
had I known earlier that Mark was building his own I would have went there to start with.Everytime I call him for something he is never more than a month out on things.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Midwest Chassis & Performance
(309)382-6252

They sell just a core with studs for $450 shipped. I know they can do one with all the needed brackets also.

Granted this is their F-Body bolt in housing but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
This is my TRZ bolt in housing with multiple control arm points after I added a back brace and coil over brackets.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Moser M9 here as well quality unit and they can modify how ever you want.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Can you guys with the Moser M9's post up some pics? I am just curious how it looks underneath a Chevelle.

Is the Moser M9 any lighter than their standard 9" housing?

That TRZ one looks real nice too, how much do they run?

Are these fabricated type 9" housings any lighter than the standard 9" housings? stronger? what is the benefit of them over the standard aftermarket 9" housings?

·
Registered
379 Posts
TRZ hands down, they did an awesome job on mine , excellent craftmanship. Heres mine with the backbrace, coil over brackets, uca and lca adj brackets. Using it along with there lca and uca's.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
TRZ hands down, they did an awesome job on mine , excellent craftmanship. Heres mine with the backbrace, coil over brackets, uca and lca adj brackets. Using it along with there lca and uca's.
:smt023 Looks good!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
TRZ hands down! The cheaper housings that you can get from moser, chassisworks, etc all have the upper mounting holes in a spot that is not optimal for higher hp cars. TRZ gives you adjustability, and the knowledge to help you make it work. 1.15 to 60ft on 275 radials......nuff said!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks Barry... now just need to get the car done and put it to use.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts