Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of drag on fly star 4 lug on a mustang 3.50 inch drove my car up the road doing around 60mph thought i had a blow out? had wife to bring me a front tire and there are no holes in my tire looks like rime came aprout in the middle? has any one else had this problem my car runs 10:45 at 130mph dont wont this to happen on the big end help

·
Registered
191 Posts
I read posts like this over and over again. If you are trying to run the lightweight drag Bogarts on the street, you are begging for a nightmare. I had my billet series Bogarts built thicker for the street, and have had no issues with them in over six years in a 3200lbs car. Get them custom built.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bogarts break on drag race only cars that have never been street used....WHY use them on the street and subject them to the side load, pot holes etc of street driving?

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
If this is all bogarts I'm staying way away from them

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i have bogart billet rims on my 4285lb ride, drive it often and hard,, never an issue.. drove it 1100 miles for dragweek. not even a spare tire or rim..:cool:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I seen this wheel this morning. Very scary. Even if these things are driven on the street this is not acceptable. These things should be recalled. What about if a track only car gets on the bumper and the wheel basically explodes as this one did when it lands at 80-100mph. I would never own a set of these wheels. I drove this car on the wheel that broke on a 10.40 pass. I will never get in a car with a set of Bogarts on it after seeing this. Very scary thought. And it is not like this thing showed any kind of sign that it was going to break. One second it is perfect and the next it is getting someone killed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Failures rarely happen when an item is used in the proper application and cared for/maintained properly.

Pretty sure they are not sold as a "street" rim.

I had a Weld rim crack on my 4000# street car. Caught it when I heard a creaking in corners, no damage done.

I looked at the build date on the rim 12/92!

Aluminum , as well as any other metal , fatiques.

Combine what PA loosely calls roads with 17 years of use.......

Shame on ME for running the rim that long without checking it over real good.

I will and have purchased Weld rims since.

And yes, I do own Bogart rims also.

They are used on my RACE car with no issues.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I had my Force 5's built with a thicker, heaver center for this reason and run a heavier tire (205 75 15) to absorb some of the shock of pot holes and street driving as I do not have a truck and trailer...........I'd say at least 1000 street miles no issues, 4100 pound car with a spool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts