Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like an idiot i backed into my parents camper today. How do you fix this? Is this an expensive repair? It got the door some too. I've never had to use my insurance to file a claim before not sure what to expect or how much they cover before totaling something. It's an 04 ram 1500.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Easily repairable. Depending on your deductible and the shops in you area it may or may not be worth making a claim.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Get you a couple estimates and see how much it will cost. Looks like a 4-5 hour dent from what I can see. Maybe a couple hours on the door.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Easy. Under $1500. Not worth filing a claim and raising your rates. Could probably get it done at a discount shop for under $1000 out the door. Try a quality place first and offer them cash for $200-ish off their estimate and you'll be good as new for the discount shop price.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a cheap bastard, i just repaired it myself, i still need to wet sand, clear and wet sand and buff but the dent is gone!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don't file a claim - rates will go up. Similar scenario happened to me, at renewal time they upped me 60 bucks/month. Basically paid off what they paid on the claim over the next two years and then they made an additional 720$ off me. Never again, unless its thousands in damage.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
It's good that you fixed it yourself Ins claim would have cost you down the road, wife had a fender bender and just told them to turn it in was a small dent above the wheel on a pickup bed cost $1,400. to repair to our Ins. Ins went up $2,000. a year for next three years. she never told me about it cause their was no damage to her car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts