Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a diffrent type of filler besides bondo. I heard a guy talking about it and he said its easier and faster to work with than bondo?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Google "Rage Gold"-

·
Duct Tape and WD-40
3,755 Posts
i cant remember the name of it right off hand, but i have always used the stuff from feather fill, its ina green can

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bondo is junk. Not fit to use on anything.
X2
Everone has a different way of doing things and since 90% of my filler ends up on the floor I use Evercoat Chrome a lite and finish with Glazecoat. Chrome a lite is much cheaper than the others, but doesnt sand as easy either.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Rage

·
Registered
994 Posts
People use "Bondo" as a general term when talking about "plastic/polyesther filler", Kind of like "Klenex" when talking about tissue or "Xerox" when talking about making a copy.

I don't think I know anyone that actually uses Bondo brand filler. Evercoat makes several good fillers as mentioned Rage Gold, Rage Extreme, and several others.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
u-pol fly lite gold,like it every bit as good as rage gold,also use their fiberglass and finishing putties,like everyting they make

·
Registered
829 Posts
i like rage gold and rage extreme. my body supply shop had a sale on a cheaper filler that was made by the people that make rage and it works real well. i like to add a small amount of fiberglass resin to my filler. it will thin the filler out and let it "flow" better. this will allow for a lot smoother application.
george

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i like rage gold and rage extreme. my body supply shop had a sale on a cheaper filler that was made by the people that make rage and it works real well. i like to add a small amount of fiberglass resin to my filler. it will thin the filler out and let it "flow" better. this will allow for a lot smoother application.
george
For smaller easier smooth stuff:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
george

That used to be the ticket, but the chemical Companies paid attention-try this now-

http://www.autoparts2020.com/rsdev/part_detail.jsp?PART_HDR_ID=64875

1 - 16 of 16 Posts