Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im working on a 753 bobcat. replaced all filters, fuel bulb,lines,lift pump,in tank pickup,fuel cap, and oil. it runs good up untill normal temp and then gets low on power, it used to stall out completly spit and spudder unless you squeese the bulb. now it runs much better and doesent die, but like i said, loses power and under load will stall to a very low rpm. once it does this, it has a rough idle untill you sqeese the primer bulb, idle picks up and smoothes out. machine does not smoke.........wtf lol!!! any sugjestions are very apriciated, thanks:smt102

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
Had the same problem, had to drop fuel tank ( pain in the ass on bobcats) and clean the tank out, was full of junk. If you don't get it resolved soon shoot me a PM. I am a compact construction equipment mechanic.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Had to replace the pick up in the tank couple months ago on the 873 with the same problem you described

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the diptube in the tank has been replaced, the whole assy. check ball, screen, grommet ect. im going to drain all the fuel and try that, but it looks to me as iff the entire engine has to be removed to accualy remove the tank, or am i missing something? the whole ordeal started all of a sudden like, then the owner sqeeeeeeeeesed the guts out of the bulb.....shot the pickup tube to hell, and 400 bucks later, its still all screwy. the tank is plastic(no rust) and has been run empty recently. i did notice the engine seems to have more blowby than say, any gas engine ive fooled with, could it be ralated? thanks very much guys

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im getting fuel, and cannot identify any leeks (a potential air inlet/airation issue) but if you pump the ful bulb, will run very smoothly. when the diptube was broken off, i had no fuel, nor a leak of any kind

·
Meh Commander
13,399 Posts
You could be sucking air …. check all lines real close …. easer to find a wet spot if its dusty

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this one has 4200hrs on it, pretty sure it was a rental......and got the shit kicked out of it lol, what should the cranking comp. be on the 2.1 kabota? with the blowby issue, i was thinking low comp would kill power, could it be that the extra primary fuel psi increases the secondary enuff to compensate for lower compression? like, a hydrolock effect, or some strange shit like that lol, thanks guys, also, any idea on the threds for the injectors?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have also changed a tank on one of those POS Bobcat's. I hate Bobcat, they are the worst skid steers built to work on.

My opinion, next time get a Gehl or Mustang.

Plenty of times when someone runs out of fuel or after a service was done if the machine has no power or cant prime the system the lift pump is shot or plugged with shit. Some lift pumps have a screen that is serviceable, but not all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem on an older 743. Changed everything fuel filter, bulb, outside fuel lines, ect. Machine would run fine on flat ground. As soon as it tilted , it would run rough and no power. I finally took out the fuel tank and found the fuel pick-up line was cracked and would suck air into the fuel system when machine was tilted. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have also changed a tank on one of those POS Bobcat's. I hate Bobcat, they are the worst skid steers built to work on.

Plenty of times when someone runs out of fuel or after a service was done if the machine has no power or cant prime the system the lift pump is shot or plugged with shit. Some lift pumps have a screen that is serviceable, but not all.
X1000000000000000

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys, i will try the external tank idea, se what happens, the owner has given the ok to re-ring it, so worst case, he is prepared to go that deep. not my money, so im cool with it too lol. if the cab is removed, can the powerpack be pulled as a unit, and can it be pulled without some crazy arm to reach in under the structure? looks like the pick point is way inbord so it would be difficult to access for removal.

·
1,344 Posts
Plugged breather on the fuel tank?? Try running it without the fuel cap for a while to see... :smt102

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,657 Posts

You got to be kidding.....gehl and mustang are junk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts