Yellow Bullet Forums banner

BMX IN THE OLYMPICS ON TV TONIGHT

13K views 305 replies 75 participants last post by  911 Dispatcher 
It has taken to damn long for them to get into the olympics!!! mountain bikes got in before bmx even.Ralph that bike is worth some money,Jim Melton still sells decals and shirts and pads on ebay and I bet he can tell you all about your frame if you give him the serial.Like most of you old farts I quit riding but got back into it and have several of my old bikes plus these newer ones.All you old bmx nuts post up.

I raced against Stu Thomson in the 1980 Red Line Summer Tour. They came through Michigan that was kick ass.
he still races and lots of older pros do still Greg Hill
Harry Leary re classified to amateur a few months back.todays tracks arent anything like the old days.You hardly pedal now and lots of manualing,I am willing to bet the olympic track could possibly be mostly down hill its the new trend.

I worked at Town and Country In Livonia Mi. in 80 and my buddy Otto still works there. Any body ever heard of Dugan Neil?
Dugan Still rides. he rode for S&M bikes for a long time,That is the brand I still ride made in USA rider owned!!! still have my Holmes from 89.Outlaradial how old are you ?

25 I laid off a little bit this year but past years ive riden 5-6 nights a week or at the gym...

thats cool,I dont ever see myself racing again but wish I had stuck with it.I am glad to see people still racing it really died off when I went into drag racing but rode here and there and now its like pulling teeth riding sometimes lol a buddy got me to put some bikes back together to ride with him and the first night we went riding he drug me 6 miles I fealt used lol.

I raced BMX in the late 80's till the mid 90's. I still have the vast majority of my bikes.

GHP junior
GHP pro
Skyway T/A (white frame/fork)
BlackLite junior TITANIUM frame/fork (later known as Titan)
Revcore junior

Still have them all, and all can be ridden if I put air in the tires......
nice bikes I sold my ghp pro 1 a few months ago
Matt you better buy Stockers loop tail they are the oldest ones

Damn does all this bring back memories. One of the kids I grew up with(lived about 4 houses down from me) raced for Jacks Bike shop, his name is Chris Torrance. He had so many Trophy's I could not count.
ebay is the devil!!!!

Gary I sold a newer PK ripper to a buddy of mine him or his kid will be riding it at the gs nationals next year in bg.

One of the funnest threads to come down the line ina minute! All you 30 something SoCal boys gotta remember Devonshire Downs? Simi? Farnum/ Saticoy? How bout some bikes? Hutch? Champion? Kastan? Free Agent?
That list of bikes right there kinda shows my progression from a younger rider to my late teens!!! What a fuckin ride yall are takin us on! FUCK YEAH!!!!

I have a Hutch Tim Judge frame set that was his I have had it since 86,I have a free agent limo also wish it was the pre serial one I had in 88 and I have a kastan built mosh f&f new in box for sale its a pro and polished with chrome forks.ok so I admit I am a BMX junkie but those years were the happiest in my shit life.

I used to race at waterford oaks used my local track id say would be rockford for me raced the national there actually did good there still long as fuck

Shit i remeber i went to south park broke my collar bone on the triple before the pro section

my buddy I grew up and rode with in florida Cory Demberger broke his collarbone at south park too he had to get some nationals in before the grands.They have a big collectors gathering at rockford every year end of june or first of july.

hereis a pic of Mike Mitchell who I ride with now at south park
thats Nate Streiby behind him

what else you got back there..
I sold most of the stuff off I figured I would never ride again but started buying more when I find deals.I am not sure what the tt length is guessing 19.5 - 20.25 I wiould have to dig it out and un box and un wrap it.I would take 175 for the set,you see the prices of new frames they are like 369 now and no forks.BMX has finally gotten really pricey

i raced at all kinds of places

Springfield,IL
Columbus, Oh christmas classic
INDY
morristown, Tn
Pittsburg, Pa
Some nbl regionals in ohio and indiana
Wisconsin tracks
had a blast then i built a race car lol
I dont live far from morristown I actually live next to knoxville and we got a pretty good park here,I an not ready for that I am in the girl relearning stage lol the new bikes ride so much different they all have fast steering now.I am going to start riding one of my holmes like a 92-93 model frame something that isnt so twitchy till I get the hang again.
BIG PROPS to anyone still racing!!!

outlaw keep it up!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.