Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hell Yeah BMX is Awesome!!! I use to race back in the mid 80's.... I still have my Winning bike in my garage that I recently gave to my 5 year old son. It will be a few years before he can ride it but it was one of the few things that I still have from my childhood!
It's a 1984 JMC Racing BMX bike. Here is a Pic.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Thanks for the Info Bad INT. I just recieved this Info todaay about my Bike from Jim Melton:

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:51:41 +0000

Good Morning Ralph,
The bike you have is a 1981 long JMC Standard. It was shipped to Bicycle World 8/17/1981. You say your dad bought it in 1985? It appears to have early JMC Pro bars on it. They were later known as Darrell Young bars. He is the one that designed them. The JMC 1st generation pad set is the correct set for it. I only have them in black. The 2nd generation pad were for 84 & 85 models. Does it have the JMC seat post on it? That is all I have on it. You did buy the correct decals for it. They were shipped yesterday. Thanks again for your business and may God bless you.

Jim Melton

I know wonder what this bike is worth?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
back in the early 80s ..I had a Redline Proline w/ the composite wheels.. I was sponsored by Suzuki of Somerville..

I raced at

- "Old" Flemington N.J. track (Across the street from the famous dirt track)
- The newer Hunterdon county track(when they tore the old one down)
-Lawrenceville..behind the strip mall
-Vineland N.J.

and one that not many people knew about ..... Englistown Raceway park... That's right... the famed 1/4 mile had a BMX track for a year or 2 ... My bro would go ride the dirt bikes and I would ride BMX.. I picked up a few trophies from that place..

Vinnie
I remember racing at the englishtown raceway park track also Vinnie. I also raced behind Bicycle World in Howell, NJ.
Those were the good old days!!!
I stayed up late last night to watch BMX but then they put men's volleyball on around 1:15 & I called it a night!!!:rock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.