Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2009 I built a really cool 32' Ford roadster. Because we ran into a bit of financial trouble I sold the car to a guy in Ontario, Canada. Well I lost track of the car until yesterday. Doing random google searches for 32' Fords with Tremec 5-speeds, which mine had, I came across my old car. It now resides in Calgary, Canada and the guy that owns it now just installed a V-12 from a BMW. While his instillation is very clean, I am just not sure what to think about it. Here is a pic of it when I had it and some from the current owner. (BTW I sold it for $34,000 and this guy now has it for sale for $85,500! Who knew the BMW motor would add $50,000 over my tri power 327)

·
Registered
616 Posts
That is pretty bad ass. My grandpa did a bunch of body work a long time ago to a 47 ford coupe with a jaguar v12. Now the car has a BBC and its not nearly as cool

·
Banned
41,558 Posts
I think I understand where you are coming from. That was your heart and soul and someone altered it with a foreign element.

Imho, it should have an American power plant. Even a 4 cyl power American power plant would have sufficed.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The heater WAS plumbed when it left here. LOL
I have no issue with him modifying it to his taste. Fact is that it isn't mine anymore. I guess I just don't get the BMW power plant. I'd be ok with a Jag V-12 but this is just a little different, but different in hot rodding is ok. He did a really nice job on it no question there.

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
No ECU? Lame. He could at least route the PCV.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
To each, his own, I think it's cool......

·
Meh Commander
13,756 Posts
Maybe that's exactly what he wants. Just because it's not what YOU would want....

You don't think that building a hotrod is an individual thing?
Absolutely
Just don’t agree with mixing themes … go with one and hold to it for a quality look

·
Registered
454 Posts
i like it, its different. but like posted above it was done 1/2 assed. no heat/ac or ecu. summer is shorter up there.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He said he still has the hood and that it still fits. he just like showing off the motor.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It has a heater (that was hooked up) and it has a heated bench seat. I built it for our cruising season here in Salt Lake so I wanted to be able to drive it in the cool spring and fall months.

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
Anyone see the edition of HRM when they showed GM's "secret" stash of development stuff?. They put a brand new BMW V12 in a 4dr Caprice (?) It said they (GM) had to buy a brand new car to cut up for an engine because they were not avail to buy one (1996ish?) Fit perfect, it actually looked good.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,415 Posts
I like it.

I don't know what it is worth, but he'll get what someone is willing to pay and to me that is what any car is worth.

As for "i don't know how to feel", You sold the car, how you feel doesn't matter, it's that guy's car now.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts