Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
For flat tappet lifters, we use Precision Products from Arden NC. Will cost you around $500/set, worth the money if your doing something more than a street engine.
Little out of my budget, but thanks. Considering Howard's or Crower. Really don't think it's lifters. I can use an oil can and pump oil through them so they aren't plugged. Not going to disassemble new lifters to look inside just yet.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
put it in and start it up, your not going to see the lifters in motion with a prime tool, if the bores or lifters are that fucked up that shoulda been caught when you assembled it

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
put it in and start it up, your not going to see the lifters in motion with a prime tool, if the bores or lifters are that fucked up that shoulda been caught when you assembled it
Maybe, just a little leery as I've never had this problem before. Usually I can rotate as I prime and see oil at all rockers. May be the priority oiling, just don't want to waste an engine and components. Block and lifters are fresh new, saw nothing apparent assembling. Crank didn't have enough end play and some odd discoloring at top of a couple cylinder bores. I'm definitely not a seasoned engine builder but haven't had any catastrophes and trying to be diligent checking things out.
I just don't understand how #1 both rockers are flooded and #6 exhaust is too but everything else gets none. Been conversing with Blueprint's tech, they've been good.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I would never start an engine that I can't get oil out of all 16 rockers. Sometimes it takes me 15-20 minutes to get them all to prime. As far as different flow amounts from different positions, I would keep trading parts around until I figured out which part or lifter bore was the issue. Take your time. It is just an expensive puzzle.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New lifters fixed the issue. Disassembled the bad lifter and stamped valve below pushrods cup is stuck down in lifter.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I would never start an engine that I can't get oil out of all 16 rockers. Sometimes it takes me 15-20 minutes to get them all to prime. As far as different flow amounts from different positions, I would keep trading parts around until I figured out which part or lifter bore was the issue. Take your time. It is just an expensive puzzle.
Ditto, sometimes it takes a bit but always gotten oil at all before

·
Registered
17,608 Posts

Agree with all that. OP used his head and figured the problem out. I'm glad he did, because we were likely just a few posts away from someone telling him he needed a new block.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's in a running good. Nailed timing started like the engine it replaced. Fuel regulator started leaking on initial startup but not till it wa swarmed up good. Fixed that and restarted but found an oil leak so when I can get time I'll try one more time. If it still leaks out it will come....damn it!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts