Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone i`m Chris Butcher track manager of Bluegrass Raceway along with owners Pete Scalzo and Maree Mascoti.

Just wanna take a minute to let everyone know what our 2011 season looks like as of today.

We have put together a $35,000 - $40,000 points program for 2011 so far. Its gonna be one of the best ever in our area for a local level points series. Thanks to all our sponsors for making this happen.

Also in 2011 we are gonna be doing some 10.5W outlaw racing as well as some heads-up stuff along with it.

Gonna try and get the quick car rolling to Bluegrass Raceway in 2011. Should be a fun season.

We also have the one drag racing school from the GREATEST Bracket racer ever - Scotty Richardson. And we also are part of his Grass Roots Series track and are one of only 6 tracks hosting a Wild-Card event for his Series all across the US in 2011.

We are also gonna be having a UMTR Stick Shift Event in September for those Stick shift racers.

2nd Annual Beat The Heat will be back at Bluegrass in May 14 as well. Was a awesome show in 2010 so dont miss this one.

And of course we will be having our July 4th Explosion , Labor Day Showdown , 2nd Annual Terry Butcher Memorial and the best show in Kentucky the Halloween Monster Mash Bash and Wheel Stand Competition late October to end the season. Man was a awesome show last 2 years and it gets better and better each year.

New to the facility in 2011 we are gonna be re-opening the Motor-Corss track. Also gonna be having Mud-Bogs , Truck Pulls , Go-Kart racing and alot more right at Bluegrass Raceway in Owingsville,Ky.

Dont forget our Show and Drags Car Show April 30-31 as well. Plus the Ford Focus Day in August.

Lots and Lots of awesome things going on in 2011 at Bluegrass Raceway.

A big thanks goes out to Pete and Maree for making all this happen at Bluegrass.

For more info contact me or visit our website at www.bluegrassracewayinc.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mark doing great. Hope all is well with you guys.

Dunnit we havent got the track finished up yet and will get that done and firgure out in the spring is the plan.

Ya Gene had track for several years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks like we got everything reay for the 10.5W outlaw races with the NOP Racing Series for 2011.

Dates are as follow...

April 22 - Friday Night Brag Night

May 7 - First NOP Racing Series event

June 24 - Friday Night Brag Night

August 6 - NOP Racing Series Event

September 24 - NOP Racing Series Event

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glad to see you on such a national website promoting the track! I hope to be back in a few months, but we all know how that goes. lol

Where can I find the rules for the Outlaw 10.5 class and the other heads up classes you'll be running?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya i just tried to go to the NOP site and he must be doing something or making changes or something. I will contact Jim in the morning to see why its down.

Was at the Bluegrass Expo Show all weekend with him on this Series.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hopefully we can make a race or two Chris. What are the dates for the heads-up races? Are they on Brag night or NOP night? Looks like a good series.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been to that track to watch back when I was in college at Morehead State but never ran there. Few people I talk to say that is the best hooking track in the area and they have ran their best 1/8 mile passes there. Looking forward to coming down there this year to make a few races.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya the Brag Nights and NOP Series events plus we got a couple dates we may try to do it as well.

5 races at Bluegrass Raceway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The August 6 date is gonna change due to being the same weekend as Beech Bend NMCA event.

Will let you know what date we change it to.

Also a possible date of June 25 & September 10 for a 10.5 event and July 23 possible a Arm Dop event.

Details will be final in about a week.

·
Registered
888 Posts
chris
I have seen your track from the highway but have not raced there . is the owner from the track that closed in lexington years ago , still involved with this track.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I found the history info I was looking for on your web page . I drove to london and race in 2009 . it looks like your closer to me do you have a big tire heads up race ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts