Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1050 dominator that keeps clogging the high speed air bleeds with the fuel dye.Can this be caused by the hood being to close to the carb? any help thanks.

·
Registered
69,314 Posts
What brand fuel?
How much room between the top of the carb bowl vents and underneath side of the cowl scoop?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mine does that. I clean them every time I go to the track and sometimes multiple times on race day depending on how dusty it is outside, not sure if hood clearance has much to do with it. I use VP C16.

·
Registered
69,314 Posts
Well, you're not killing it with a scoop too close to the carb so that's good.
Carry plenty of carb cleaner w/ you and let her eat. ;)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What are your cam specs? A tight LSA with a fair amount of overlap can create a strong enough reversion signal to push fuel out of the air bleeds. Might not be an issue in the RPM range you go down the track, but may be happening at lower RPM's like in the burnout.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about response time on vacation cam specs lift .726 .714 duration at .050 284 294 comp cam# 11-718-9 thanks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
LSA? What engine? Unless the cam is on a very wide LSA most likely what your seeing is a little reversion. You might try a sheer plate or anti-reversion style spacer under it, it's a bandaid but may help and may even pick up time once you retune the carb as needed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ive had this problem on my BBC and I've run it on VP, F&L and Rockett racing fuels. I run a tall scoop (motor is in a boat), too.

Cam has a 116 LSA.

every time i get to the track i clean the air bleeds in both carbs because they usually have dried fuel in them. I assumed it was from bouncing down the road on the trailer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts