Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas i have a single turbo kit from bg and a 70mm turbo . my question is i have a 9psi spring in the blowoff valve and a 11 1/2 pound spring in the wastegate does this make for any issues . i took the car for a long spin got on the car (wot), my boostcontroller is completly closed meaning i am only running spring pressur i see the 11 1/2 of boost on my gauge but i dont hear the blowoff valve open . its a tial 50mm blowoff and the wastegate is a 38mm tial . maybe its opening and i just don hear it ? thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
im going to guess you have the hoses hooked up wrong. or its not bleeding off much air and you just cant hear it

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
BOV springs are unrelated to boost, they are matched to the vacuum the motor makes. With a 9 psi spring, you would need to make about 18" of vacuum to open it. I usually run the smallest ~6 psi spring since I see 10-12" of vacuum. Something to look into anyway.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
BOV springs are unrelated to boost, they are matched to the vacuum the motor makes. With a 9 psi spring, you would need to make about 18" of vacuum to open it. I usually run the smallest ~6 psi spring since I see 10-12" of vacuum. Something to look into anyway.
yeah i remember cutting down mine now that you say that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts