Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start ordering parts for my new motor. I have a 8-71 weiland blower for my street nova. I smoked my short block so time to build a new. I'm thinking of going with a 540 but for the little extra money can go with a 632. Is that blower to small for a 632?here are the parts I want.
Dart block
Callies dragonslayer crank
Callies ultra rods
Je pistons
My current heads are edelbrock rect port I know if I go with the 632 I would prob also need to change these.

·
Registered
28,566 Posts
14-71 would do fine on a 632. Lol I personally think an 8-71 is to small for a 632 but hey wtf do I know.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm guessing you're wanting to run gas and if so, an 8-71 is really to small for a 540, much less a 632. I ran a blown gas 540 for a couple races in my drag boat earlier this season and with a Blower Shop billet case 8, I could only get about 8 lbs boost at 25% over and it was wanting to detonate. Motor made just over 1000 HP with about 6 lbs. Switch to alky, a stripped 8 will make close to 1500 HP but way different animal....

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Well, your headsare too smal lto begin with so would it make any difference if your blower was too? Personally, I'd use some Brodix heads (at least their 2X heads) & if this is a street motor, underdrive it on the street, change pulleys at the track.
A friend had a 632 with Dart heads, NA & it didn't run a whole better than my 540.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts