Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies and gents,
I'm in the very early stages of running my new combo and I'm unsure if I am getting an accurate oil pressure reading.
I'm taking my oil pressure reading from my clearview filter which is between the pump and the inlet on the engine.
I'm using a bowtie block with the inlet on the front of the block.
I could take the pressure from the standard location at the back of the block, but I'm not sure if it would be better or worse from there?

has anyone done this setup before that could shed some light for me?

on the picture below I have circled the oil inlet and where I'm taking my oil pressure reading from

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I probably should have said that I'm currently seeing around 98 psi on the gauge at idle when its cold and it drops a little when its warm.
I haven't beaten up on it yet, and my current gauge only goes to 100 psi so if I use that gauge as it sits I wont know how much oil pressure I have at revs.
I do have a 200 psi gauge, but I want to understand what I'm doing before I put it in.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
Sound about right for a dry sump, put the 200 pound gauge on it..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have an opinion on my set up?
Would you leave the gauge plumbed where it is before the oil gets to the engine, or move the gauge line to the back of the block? Pressure would be after it has been through the main gallery...
I’m thinking of installing a pressure switch in that location, because I have no oil pressure warning light at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts