Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is it to buy/build a blown alcohol BBC, like something out of a mud racer, monster truck, or a tractor puller. Nothing exotic, maybe even iron block iron heads. Something to make a lot of noise? Serious question.

Something like this....

·
Registered
28,535 Posts
Zoomies are cheap if your just wanting to make a bunch of noise.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, want the blown alcohol engine to go with it.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,087 Posts
WHATS THE BUDGET

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,087 Posts
NO MATTER THE COST....IT WON'T EVER BE ENOUGH

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There should be some on the used market out of a lower level tractor puller or mud racer?

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Listen how quick the one in the video I posted revs, pure awesomeness!

·
Registered
28,535 Posts
What are your plans ledsled? Flat bottom boat guys would be another good source. You building a mud buggy?

·
Registered
38,310 Posts
Your video shows a boat application, similar to this one. I'm thinking you can buy a nice used one for less than $20,000. What are you going to do with it, by the way?

Hope the one in your video is pouring water out of it, and not methanol....:shock:

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah, I noticed that the hat was on "backwards".....

I have an idea for a build, automotive application. This type of engine set up would be the wild card that Im not familiar with, the rest would be easy.

Man, I love that sound!!

·
Registered
38,310 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that the hat was on "backwards".....
So are the zoomies, if it's a boat motor, so who knows what the hell they plan on doing with it.

I've had several street blower cars, all small blocks, though, but with that instant throttle response like the one in your video. I know ProChargers and big shots of nitrous are all the rage, but nothing draws a crowd like a big ol' blower sticking up there, with plenty of surge and whine.

My last one:

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So are the zoomies, if it's a boat motor, so who knows what the hell they plan on doing with it.

I've had several street blower cars, all small blocks, though, but with that instant throttle response like the one in your video. I know ProChargers and big shots of nitrous are all the rage, but nothing draws a crowd like a big ol' blower sticking up there, with plenty of surge and whine.

My last one:

Yeah, that is very nice!

You have the right idea. Basically I want to build the loudest car at the cruise night...

·
Aviation Section
25,570 Posts
Big Al's Toy Box http://www.bigalstoybox.com/turnkey.htm

He has built hundreds, check out his site, we did a 392 Hemi for a customer years ago from him, made all the right noises, looked amazing, pump gas and scared the new owner real good!

I would not build it, you should just buy it, he has the blower engines down to a science. His prices are going up though unless you get one of his leftovers, he no longer uses the GM block and has gone Dart on his B/B Chebbie builds. Dave

1 - 20 of 34 Posts