Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
Quick question- I have a blow thru setup with a CSU hat on a CSU carb - there is a black gasket that runs around top of carb that hat sets on - Mine keeps squeezing out after a run - Can this gasket be removed or is there a better gasket that wont push out under boost?
Thank you -
Patty

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Fel pro do a gasket that a lot of guys use. Alternatively you could have the hat machined for an O ring.

·
Registered
285 Posts
not sure what your running for a carb (4150 or 4500) but I know that a 2000 Dodge ram 1500 5.9l engine uses the same size throttle body to air cleaner housing seal (used one on my N/A 4150). Not sure if it is any better but a cheap option....somthing to try
Brian

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
gaskets

Fle-Pro makes one with a has a aluminum center. It has a adhesive that helps keep it in place.........If ya need something ASAP....Take a antifreeze jug and cut out a gasket from it...It works and cheap.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies - guess I will try the felpro #2104 one & see how it goes -
Thank you to all !
Patty

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the replies - guess I will try the felpro #2104 one & see how it goes -
Thank you to all !
Patty
Patty,

Order it from the Napa in Middletown. They are usually pretty good with getting parts. That's where I got mine from.

-Brian

·
Registered
476 Posts
What I have done is go to your local parts store and get their thickest gasket paper which is twice as thick as any gasket you buy for a carb for only a couple of bucks and cut out your own. I have pushed over 20 lbs of boost several times and never had one push out since. My 2cs.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
When I first started running the ProCharger I had an old felpro with the steel core in it. It was pretty hard but I thought I'd give it a try. Well that old one lasted about 1 1/2 years or so before it finally blew out. Bought some new ones....and they blow out every pass. So it really depends on how much boost your going to run for sure. The material is softer for sure. Finally made my own O ring and it lives OK now.
Craig, no gasket surely will not blow out, but I bet it leaks like a seeve under pressure.
Blessings..........................Ron.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone told me I didnt have to run a o-ring/gasket under the hat, but I noticed when I took mine off to test, it seemed it wasnt quite a tight enough seal, now granted, Iam new at all this so I dont know too much and Iam relying on suggestions from you fine folks to lead me in the right direction. Also, I was thinking about trying to make my own fabricated from aluminum - does anyone have any feelings on this?
Patty

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Patty, I would start with the Felpro 2104 and see how it works. Most of the time there is no problem. If it does not work. Then go to the next step. That would be my suggestion.

Blessings......Ron.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts