Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
A nhra blower and turbo car shouldn’t make the same power. Turbo cars have to have more horsepower so that they can make up for the first half of the run.(where the blower car dominates)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would guess they are close to the 330 or1/8th but its speculation on my part. To be accurate, it would probably need to be gpm or lbs of fuel to cfm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve seen a bunch of grudge type guys talk about bsfc of 1.2 on a turbo. That seems crazy to me. I think 1.8 bsfc is about as low as anyone runs a roots motor??

·
Registered
107 Posts
We could get 16gpm in high gear at 116%od. C rotor. At 92% its closer to 14.5 gpm around top of 2nd gear. 9800rpm or so

·
Registered
448 Posts
This was the average, brake to chutes. At 116 c rotor. Starts about 9gpm and 15 at top end
That’s on the lean side of the scale, I know of good running alcohol funny cars that run more fuel than that with 92 over D rotor. I have run both the hemi and the 481x with the same screw blower and I can tell you that the 481x consumed about 2 more GPM to live than what the Hemi wanted. We Run em both about the same amount of timing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lol, a well known racer said he does not understand how we ran that lean with that much timing. Every time we add fuel, it lays over. Egts are 1230 or less. Usually 1180 to 1200. It defies reason. But racepak usually doesnt lie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts